Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Escape to Alcatraz…..

Today I was going to show you all the fabulous Dylusions samples from the show, but for some reason I have misplaced the folder they are all in…oops.

As well as all my own samples, I had some great work provided by Kaz Hall, Sandra Hall, Kate Crane, Jay Reavely and Miranda Van den Bosch. Hopefully I will find them soon…

Meanwhile, moving on...

After CHA I travelled to San Fransisco to teach at Scrap book Territory in Berkely.

The store is owned by the lovely Diane who indulged me with a trip onto Alcatraz. Yee frikkin hah…what an adventure…






















This is the lovely Nicki, who, despite the no hair or make up, recognised me and came over for a chat.


Of course there has to be time to be entertained in an ex brothel…



Mind you , he scared the pants off me. Not what you expect when you go into the rest room!!!




Three full days of classes went fabulously, what a lovely crowd of students…






Was lovely to see so many new faces and quite a few familiar faces, including the lovely Lisa who bought me a fabulous book. Thanks doll.


Fabulous end to a tiring weekend…


The most eclectic cafe I have ever had the fortune to frequent..

It boasts a mahoosive collection of dolls all dressed up as Rudy.



And each table had a wonderful display of unbelievable items protected under the glass.














And all too soon it was time to pack up and begin the long journey home to unpack before repacking and heading for Frankfurt.

Enjoy xx

13 comments:

Sue said...

I always love seeing the overall class pics with the rainbows of your bright Dylusions inks! So glad they let you off the Island!

Arts by Sara said...

Wow... Your adventure turned out to do awesome! You got to see some really cool stuff! Your class looked like they were having a wonderful time! I can't wait to see all of the fabulous pieces from CHA! Miranda is one of good online friends! This is so cool!!! I hope you have a fabulous and safe trip!!! Hugs!!!

texasbarb said...

Thanks for taking me with you on your journey...if only in pictures. The memorabilia encased under glass is a total blast from the past. I remember so many of the bits from my childhood. Yes...I'm THAT old...LOL!!

Begging you to come to Texas again!!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Well you certainly get to visit some interesting places! Thanks for sharing your travels with us:)

Greta said...

Did you meet any ghosts on the rock?

Emily D. said...

How fun... I've always wanted to go see Alcatraz. Looks like it was as cool as it sounds. I'm loving the restaurant you went to at the end. We have something similar in STL. Except they don't have all the fun stuff on the table. But there is a crazy selection of toys! Can't wait to read about your next adventures!

Miranda said...

I was so exicted when I was watching your video introducing the new dylusions goodies and my creation popped up ....thx for taking me with you to the CHA., xoxox
Alcatraz looks like a interesting place to visit...lots of fun photographs too

Hope to see you soon

Hugs
Miranda

julie said...

Great photos , love the dress too. The ladies looked like they had a fantastic time x

julie said...

Great photos, loving the dress. The girls looked like they had a brill time at the workshop x

Della said...

I love your style, your dressmaker and your talents!! You and Tim Holtz are the awesomest--wait, is that a word?

Donna B. said...

LOVE your pictures!! Looks like an awesome trip. Loving the red hair with the red dress and I'm so glad they let you out of Alcatraz!! I need to check your schedule, I'm having some Dyan withdrawal!!

~Lisa said...

Wow, I was shocked as I was scolling down your pictures & saw the one you posted of us!! Love it ( and you!) Had a great time in your classes & as always, you are SSOOO creative!! Hope you enjoy the book & get some enjoyment from it!
Hope to see you at CHA, if not somehow sooner!!

~Lisa

Candy C said...

Dyan....I found your Sacred Heart Mary!! Check your email through your store for more details. <3 Candy

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott